Monday, April 26, 2010

Learn it Systems

I also work for Learn It Systems, another tutoring company under NCLB. It's the same population. 99% of the kids are hispanic and it targets innner city schools. It's much more organized than Alternatives Unlimited. They tell you who to work with and when. I was at Lake Elementary school in San Pablo, CA. On Mondays and Wednesdays, I worked with a first and second grader. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I worked with a third and fourth grader. Each session was approx 1.5 hrs. The students worked on specific books on language arts. Every day, they earned tokens and chose prizes from two sheets of gifts based on number of tokens earned.

I started having discipline issues so I would tell them I'd take a token for acting up at the end of the day and give one out if they did a good job concentrating. Usually I would say I'm going to take the tokens and it would scare them straight. Actually, I took tokens away three times. Next, I wait for posttest materials to be mailed. There's supposed to be a party but I'll update you on that

The website is http://www.learnitsystems.com/

No comments:

Powered By Blogger