Monday, February 14, 2011

job update

Major job update!

I still work with Ourplace Tutoring. I have about 8 kids; 7 in Concord and 1 in San Pablo. They are well behaved and read pretty well. I pull my lessons from the Alternatives Unlimited datase, and pull stories where I emply the same reading concepts from http://superteacherworksheets.com and http://apples4theteacher.com. A couple are siblings which I do one after the other because they're in different grades. One of my students is starting to showing improving in pronouncing words when reading and sound recognition.

I also started with another company, Academia de Servicio de Tutoria iin November. I had two students both in Livermore; one worked on math and the other in Language Arts. The one who worked on math was very quiet, had good concentration, and was a quick learner. I started using the timer to make it more challenging. Her family moved to Tracy so she's no longer eligible for tutoring. The one who works on LA has serious concentration issues. She hates reading but loves math. I tried using a point system where I give extra points on effort and concentration on each page and the whole session. Doesn't seem to work. Once I used the timer to have her answer story questions which worked well and we used it for other things. Recently, I told her she could do several math problems and then had to read afterwards which also worked

No comments:

Powered By Blogger