Tuesday, May 3, 2011

faculty application

I mentioned many posts ago that I am planning to teach college. I started updating my info on the colleges I applied to. Yesterday, I applied to the Chabot-Las Positas district. It took me until midnight then I tried making my duties look neater and the title look stronger. After that, I couldn't look at it anymore. I copied and pasted my MSWord diversity statement online but it kept saying I can't have more than 800 characters. It's impossible to say what you want to say in less than 800 characters. You'll end up writing one paragraph and it will look terrible. I kept rearranging words and deleting things and it kept saying the same thing. I finally wrote something completely different. I also changed lots of stuff on my Word version so I have barely more than a page. Today, I applied to De Anza which is more forgiving in limits but I kept getting error messages. They need to fix their links. I also changed stuff on my resume and its a bit shorter.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger