Saturday, June 1, 2019

Being thankful for what you have

I stopped at a gas station to use the bathroom before driving home from my cousin's in Walnut Creek. After I asked the attendant if I could use the restroom I got to thinking that I shouldn't be complaining because I have it a lot better compared to him. He barely spoke English but was trying to make a life for himeself and possibly his family in this country doing a job most of us would not think of. Additionally, he was trying to use his best English to make sure the gas station stayed clean which is something a lot of other gas stations would not bother doing. After all they're barely paid anything so they don't care. It's easy for some people growing up in rich sheltered environments to sit there and judge when they have NO IDEA what many people have to go through to make it in this country

No comments:

Powered By Blogger