Friday, July 30, 2010

jobs at community colleges

After talking with a friend, I decided to teach health at the college level. It would let me combine my two years teaching experience and my health background. I was looking for teaching jobs at Laney College, a community college in Oakland, CA on the Contra Costa District website and was linked to the CCC Registry which has openings for every California Community College. I immediately put it in the favorites menu.

For those of you who are interested the CCC Registry website is https://www.cccregistry.org/jobs/index.aspx. I have applied to several colleges through it.

However, I want to say that the internet isn't enough. You need to make yourself known to the departments you want to teach in. You can look on the website for information on the department you want to teach in and then go to the department and find out who the Dean is. Many colleges right now are going through budget cuts so be prepared to hear that. This is what I heard when I went to two colleges in the Contra Costa Community College District.

Again, for those of you who are interested, the Contra Costa Community College District website is http://www.4cd.net/

No comments:

Powered By Blogger