Thursday, February 3, 2011

cooking and silverware buying excursion

Silverware purchases
As mentioned in the last post, I bought some silverware at Macys. One set of forks, knives, and spoons, and an individual pot. I also found one big pot for $39.00 on sale and a 12-piece set of pots and pans for $39.00 on sale. I decided to get the 12-piece set and get the most of my money. I also found several black polka dotted dinner and salad plates on clearance. I also found several beige dinner plates which were the only ones i could get individually. Later, found green bowls because there weren't any beige ones and were the only ones I could get individually.

Cooking experiences
As mentioned I finally cooked yesterday. I boiled some corn on the cob and heated it. I made some spaghetti. I made two batches because I wanted to finish the box I had. I also bought a 2-lb roast from the butchers and first melted a whole stick of butter, sliced a whole onion but ended up adding half of it, let it cook on medium heat, and added two spoons of lemon juice to each side. I guess the onions give it flavor and keep it moist. The lemon juice also helps keep it moist. I tried to cook white sauce but couldn't get it to stick.

By the way, Macys has some great sales so now is an excellent time to shop at Macys

No comments:

Powered By Blogger