Thursday, March 31, 2011

new dish

I got invited to dinner at my sister-in-law about two or three weeks ago. She had a shrimp salad and a potato salad I wanted to copy. I asked for the recipe, She said cilantro spice, red onions, dell peppers. Since I had a whole stack of white onions, I decided to use those. I couldn't find cilantro in Costco so I decided to use smoked paprika spice.

Potato and shrimp salad

1. boil shrimp

2. boil potatoes and cut them into small pieces

3. cut dell pepper into small pieces and throw out white part and fry them

4. cut white onion into small pieces and fry them

5. mix paprika, shrimp or potatoes, fried onions and dell peppers


next time, I'll try it without frying dell peppers and onions


She also made some hummus so I decided to make some. She mentioned using lemon juice in the recipe

hummus

1. can of garbanzo beans

2. 1-1.5 spoons of tahini, water, and lemon juice

3. minced or powdered garlic

4. mix in blender until you have medium consistency

5. add olive oil


Since it's the lent fast, I wanted to find some seafood. I found fillet of sole at Costco and decided to use my spices on it.

Fillet of sole

1. mix each pieces in bowl of bread crumbs

2. add mesquite and cumin spice

3. let sit in olive oil for 1 hour

4. heat at 350 F for 1 hour-taste regularly to make sure it doesn't burn


next time, I may just use bread crumbs and mesquite

No comments:

Powered By Blogger